MEM Driving Division is currently recruiting on behalf of Leicestershire County Council for a Transport Officer working part-time hours. You will assist in the effective, efficient, and legally compliant delivery of passenger transport services across the county.
Transport Officers Main Duties:
- You will be responsible for the logistical day-to-day operations of drivers and passenger assistants
- As transport officer, you will be responsible for assisting with the effective, efficient, and legally compliant delivery of Leicestershire County Councils Passenger Fleet transport operations. This includes the supervisory/performance management of a large, diverse, Countywide workforce and contingent staff (approx. 200 drivers and escorts)
- In addition, you will also be responsible for ensuring that our health and safety responsibilities are met for both staff, passengers, and depots (building)
- The nature of the work will involve the jobholder carrying out work outside of normal working hours
- This post is based in County Hall, but the nature of the work requires the jobholder to carry out work at different locations around the County (including at peak school times) and therefore will need access to a car for work purposes
- This is an interested and varied role suited to someone with exceptional organisational skills along with a can-do attitude and empathic nature
- A background in logistics and planning would be advantageous
- Good understanding of disability-related issues along with legislation knowledge relevant to transport provision services
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject area or demonstrable experience
- Database compilation and application
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Word and have developed skills in Microsoft Excel
- Working to tight deadlines, in a peak time pressurised environment
- Able to use own initiative in planning & prioritising own workload
- Ability to work well within a team
- The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post
- Monday & Tuesday (14.8 hours)
- Currently, the team operates a rota covering the hours of 6 am to 6 pm, this is shared on a rolling basis with other transport officers
- Start time and finish time to be discussed but operation runs between 0600 am to 18.00 pm
Rate of pay:
- The pay scale offering is £22,575 to £24,924 based on experience and working hours, pro rata
We’re taking applications now, so don’t wait around, the roles are filling as quickly as they arrive. Register your interest today to get on the list.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
If you are available, please register your interest, or contact the contract manager directly;
Emma Turton email@example.com | 07763 875584
Don’t forget to LIKE https://www.facebook.com/memdrivingdivision on Facebook for more job notifications like these.