MEM Recruitment Northampton is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer – Aluminium to join our team(s) based in Northampton.
The Northampton facility design and manufacture a variety of cooling systems and related components, including radiators and charge air coolers. One of the largest producers of industrial radiators in the world, manufacturing over 35,000 radiators a year for companies in the power generation industry, off-highway, and construction markets worldwide. With the constant emphasis on innovation and technical expertise, this is an exciting opportunity to join the market leader.
- Reporting to the Aluminium Manufacturing Manager, the responsibilities for this new role include implementation of production processes and procedures, leading productivity improvements with project-based activities, including new product introduction and manufacturing cell design to reduce waste, improve quality and safety, and reduce operating costs. Manages KPIs and ensure preventative actions are taken to maximise success. Design fixtures and tooling where required to ensure repeatable processes can be achieved. Assist with shop floor layout and cell designs, generate production documentation to include PFMEA, CP, process instructions (SWES). Introduce and monitor SPC at key/critical points of the process. Ensure product and process quality meets specifications required.
Background and Experience – Must have:
- Experience in aluminium brazing techniques (CAB and Vacuum) and materials both metal and fluxes i.e. nocolok (5 years+ experience preferred)
- A good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Proven experience in the use of lean tools and techniques, with strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to present data effectively
- Knowledge in the use and control of business metrics (OEE, COPQ, DLE, TAKT, Cycle Times etc.)
- A good team working ethic
Background and Experience – Desirable:
- Metallurgy or metallurgical experience
- Capital expenditure forming
- 6 Sigma trained
- Proven project management skills
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, A Levels, ONC, City & Guilds level 3, BTEC National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma, or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification
- Experience of FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), Kaizen/A3 (continuous improvement and problem solving) process improvement and Poka Yoke (error proofing) techniques
- Understanding of design and production cost on include waste, downtime, scrap and rework
Key Skills/Competencies/Personal Attributes:
- Organised and able to prioritise and plan effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- An organised and self-motivated team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Willing to learn new skills and embrace change
- Willingness to work flexibly
- Good communication and presentation skills
- PPE supplied; safety glasses, ear protection, overalls, gloves, safety boots (and visors where relevant)
- Monday to Friday
- 08:00 am to 16:30 pm
Rate of Pay:
- Up to £40,000, Per Year
We’re taking applications now, so don’t wait around, the roles are filling as quickly as they arrive. Register your interest today to get on the list.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
MEM Recruitment Northampton
10a Cheyne Walk
Don’t forget to LIKE https://facebook.com/memnorthampton on Facebook for more job notifications like these.